Normally, one wouldn’t imagine a bowl of steaming hot chili as a meal on a sweltering summer day, but this Crock Pot Pork Chili is so light and fresh tasting, it makes a wonderful Weight Watchers Summer Recipe.
The pork is nice and lean, and the fresh lime juice really help give this low calorie chili a bright flavor boost and a summer-y feel.
This is a perfect crock pot recipe for when you have a busy day ahead, as the prep work is minimal, so you can toss it all in your slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time.
I also topped mine with some reduced fat sour cream and I really loved the flavor and texture that added to the chili. But feel free to top it with other flavor fixin’s you might like: jalapenos, green onions, diced onions, shredded cheese…these are all great options.
This guilt free Crock Pot Pork Chili is an absolute winner.
CROCK POT PORK CHILI RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs lean pork tenderloin - (trimmed of fat and cut into cubes)
- 1 large onion - (finely chopped)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained and rinsed)
- 2-5 garlic cloves - (minced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro - (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay onions on the bottom of the crock pot. Add in cubed pork, followed by garlic, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, lime juice, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in cilantro about 20 minutes before serving.