Normally, one wouldn’t imagine a bowl of steaming hot chili as a meal on a sweltering summer day, but this Crock Pot Pork Chili is so light and fresh tasting, it makes a wonderful Weight Watchers Summer Recipe.
The pork is nice and lean, and the fresh lime juice really help give this low calorie chili a bright flavor boost and a summer-y feel.
This is a perfect crock pot recipe for when you have a busy day ahead, as the prep work is minimal, so you can toss it all in your slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time.
I also topped mine with some reduced fat sour cream and I really loved the flavor and texture that added to the chili. But feel free to top it with other flavor fixin’s you might like: jalapenos, green onions, diced onions, shredded cheese…these are all great options.
This guilt free Crock Pot Pork Chili is an absolute winner.
- 1 ½ lbs lean pork tenderloin (trimmed of fat and cut into cubes)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2-5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lay onions on the bottom of the crock pot. Add in cubed pork, followed by garlic, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, lime juice, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in cilantro about 20 minutes before serving.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value