I’m still riding the cauliflower bandwagon like a champ right now. I LOVE cauliflower and I’m finding so many great ways to use it! This Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Sauce Recipe is no exception…it’s smooth and velvety and makes a wonderful alternative to traditional Alfredo sauce. Don’t get me wrong it doesn’t taste exactly like Alfredo sauce, but it does taste very good. And it’s just 2 Points per serving! So feel free to smother this stuff on everything from pasta to chicken, and even on roasted vegetables (gotta love veggie on veggie action). It’s so healthy and really quite tasty. In the picture I have posted here, I put it on some Miracle Noodles which didn’t cost me any extra Weight Watchers Points, s it was just 2 Points for that whole bowl of pasta. Truly a great, low calorie sauce for when I want a lot of something really creamy and cheesy, but don’t want all the extra fat, calories and Points to go with it.
Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Sauce
Creamy, velvety and incredibly light, this cauliflower cheese sauce is a much healthier alternative to traditional Alfredo sauce. It goes great over pasta, but you can put it on lots of different foods…chicken, steak, roasted veggies are just a few ideas.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower in microwave or vegetable steamer until tender.
- Meanwhile, set a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Add in onion and garlic and sauté until tender and onions become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower, onions and garlic into blender or food processor. Add in milk and yogurt. Puree until smooth. If sauce is too thick, add in a bit of water or vegetable broth until desired texture is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 76 calories; 2g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 6g protein; 3.5g fiber