I’m always looking for more delicious ways to eat fish. And this Thai-Style Baked Mahi Mahi Recipe offers a wonderfully flavored, delicate white fish served a top roasted vegetables and smothered with a creamy coconut lime sauce.
It was a dish that was not only colorful and beautiful, but very fresh and tasty. Light and delicate, yet satiating, my husband and I loved this low calorie fish recipe.
Cooking it in the sealed foil helps keep it moist and tender, and helps the essence of the coconut lime sauce penetrate the vegetables as well as the mahi mahi.
This Thai-Style Baked Mahi Mahi is truly a satisfying Weight Watchers fish recipe.
THAI-STYLE BAKED MAHI MAHI RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs mahi mahi - (cut into 6 portions)
- 1 red bell pepper - (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot - (thinly sliced)
- 1 small red onion - (thinly sliced)
- 1 13.5 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper - (seeded and minced)
- ½ cup Thai basil - (chopped)
- ½ cup cilantro - (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger - (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves - (minced)
- 1 lime - (sliced into 8 rings)
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, cilantro and Thai basil. Add the fish, turn to coat, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove fish, and reserve marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray a large, rimmed baking sheet with nonfat cooking spray. Toss vegetables in marinade. Remove them, and place them on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Lower oven heat to 325.
- Cut 4 large pieces of aluminum foil. In the center of each piece of foil, place 1/4 of the vegetables, top with 1 portion fish, 1 tbsp of marinade and 1 slice fresh lime and fold the foil around the fish and vegetables like a package. Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 15-18 minutes.
- Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan, and set over medium high heat. Whisk constantly and allow to reduce. Sauce should thicken a bit.
- Remove the packets to individual serving plates. Serve each piece of fish with prepared sauce and fresh lime slice.