One of my favorite Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes is this incredibly delicious Lemon Spinach Pesto Pasta dish. It is full of healthy ingredients, and the combination of flavors and textures is divine.
I always over toast my almond slices a bit, because I like the taste, but feel free to toast yours to your own desired level. The crunch and mild sweetness of the almonds is the perfect compliment to the fresh, lemony flavor of the sauce, and the mildly wilted spinach adds lots of nutrition and volume. This allows allows for the use of less pasta, which helps keep the Points value lower.
I use jarred, low-fat pesto because it’s easier when I’m busy. But if you have the time, you can make this dish even less Points by making and using a homemade, low calorie pesto sauce instead.
This is one of my go to pasta recipes and the family loves it. And I love that they are enjoying such a healthy meal!
LEMON SPINACH PESTO PASTA RECIPE
- 6 oz whole wheat pasta
- 12 oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- ½ cup reduced fat pesto sauce
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in spinach, cover and to allow the warm noodles to slightly wilt the spinach. Let sit about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a small, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in almonds and toss frequently until desired level of toasting is reached, typically about 3-4 minutes.
- Add edamame, pesto, lemon juice and salt and pepper into the pasta and spinach. Toss to combine.
- Divide evenly into 4 serving bowls, and top with toasted almond slices.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is about 1 heaping cup