One of my favorite Weight Watchers Pasta Recipes is this incredibly delicious Lemon Spinach Pesto Pasta dish. It is full of healthy ingredients, and the combination of flavors and textures is divine. I always over toast my almond slices a bit, because I like the taste, but feel free to toast yours to your own desired level. The crunch and mild sweetness of the almonds is the perfect compliment to the fresh, lemony flavor of the sauce, and the mildly wilted spinach adds lots of nutrition and volume. This allows allows for the use of less pasta, which helps keep the Points value lower. I use prepared pesto because it’s easier when I’m busy. But if you have the time, you can make this dish even less Points by making and using a homemade, low calorie pesto sauce instead. This is one of my go to pasta recipes and the family loves it. And I love that they are enjoying such a healthy meal!
Lemon Spinach Pesto Pasta
Fresh, beautiful and absolutely delicious, this is one unforgettable vegan pasta recipe. The amazing list of healthy ingredients provide bountiful amounts of protein and fiber leaving you full and satisfied that is as scrumptious as it is nutritious.
- 8oz whole wheat pasta
- 12oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup jarred pesto sauce
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in spinach, cover and to allow the warm noodles to slightly wilt the spinach. Let sit about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a small, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in almonds and toss frequently until desired level of toasting is reached, typically about 3-4 minutes.
- Add edamame, pesto, lemon juice and salt and pepper into the pasta and spinach. Toss to combine.
- Divide evenly into 6 serving bowls, and top with toasted almond slices.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 heaping cup
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 265 calories; 9g fat; 33g carbohydrates; 12g protein; 7g fiber