Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you are enjoying the day with family, friends, and the most amazing of foods.
Once the feasting ends, and you are looking to “detox” from all the deliciousness that Thanksgiving brings, filling up on a lot of greens is a great way to do it. This Spicy Herb Salad Recipe that my father-in-law taught me, is one of my absolute favorite salads ever.
It’s just a few simple ingredients, but the flavor and textures that it delivers are incredible. With no lettuce to be found in this salad, the base is nothing but fresh, finely chopped herbs.
Enhanced with onions, jalapeños and serrano peppers, then dressed with lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, it’s a simple yet sophisticated salad that is light, flavorful, and a fantastic change of pace. The parsley really helps to de-bloat you too, which is an added benefit.
There are a lot of peppers in this salad, so feel free to use less if you don’t want it too spicy. Be aware that the recipe as posted, is very spicy.
If you want to shake things up a bit and try something new and unique, this Spicy Herb Salad Recipe will definitely do the trick. Enjoy!
- 1 medium bunch fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 2 medium bunches parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 small bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 2 jalapeños (seeded and finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 serrano peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, dill, cilantro, onion, scallions and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and peppers. Drizzle over the greens, and toss well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 3/4 cup
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value