In the morning, I’m often just too busy to eat a good breakfast. And truthfully, after my morning coffee, I’m really just not that hungry yet. I’m stressed and rushing to get out the door, get my son to school, and get to my cardio class at the gym on time.
But, if I skip eating something, then by the time I finish school drop off and my workout at the gym, it’s 1030am, I’m hungry, and my body really needs those nutrients.
So I’ve found that this Strawberry Kale Smoothie Recipe is a fantastic breakfast for me because I can have it made in just minutes, pour it into a tall travel cup, and drink it in the car on the way to my son’s school. It’s light enough that it doesn’t make my tummy feel too full and heavy, but it leaves me feeling perfectly satisfied until lunchtime.
Plus, it packs in tons of vitamins and nutrients. And if you are not a fan of kale, fear not, because you cannot taste it at all in this smoothie. I definitely recommend giving it a try if you are poking for a healthy smoothie recipe to fill you up and give your body a wonderful nutritional boost. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY KALE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 ½ cups fresh kale leaves
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana
- ½ cup cold water - (or more if you like a thin consistency)
- 1 cup ice cubes - (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide evenly between 4 glasses and serve.