A taco in liquid form, this delicious Turkey Taco Soup is so hearty and satisfying! It’s a perfect Weight Watchers recipe that’s great for just about anytime.
It reheats and freezes well, so I like to double the batch and keep a good supply in my freezer.
Feel free to get creative with your toppings, and enhance the flavors even more by adding low fat sour cream, jalapeños, diced red onions, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro or reduced fat tortilla chips on top.
All the fiber and protein make this a very filling dish, not to mention delicious! Enjoy!
TURKEY TACO SOUP RECIPE
A taco that can be eaten from a spoon instead of your hands, this delicious taco soup is a breeze to whip up. Plus, it’s loaded with protein and fiber, is incredibly satisfying and a perfect game day meal!
- 1 ½ lbs extra lean ground turkey breast
- ½ cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 28 oz cans diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans - (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 medium onion - (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic - (minced)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar - (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat. Add in ground turkey and broth, and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, tomatoes, corn, and beans, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for about 20-30 minutes. season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon into 6 serving bowls, and top each bowl with cheese, while soup is still hot.
- Serve with optional toppings such as: sour cream, lime wedge, diced red onions, fresh cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips).
- The entire recipe makes 6 servings
- The serving size is about 1 2/3 cups
Calories: 294 kcal (15%)Carbohydrates: 27.3 g (9%)Protein: 35.3 g (71%)Fat: 4.7 g (7%)Saturated Fat: 1.9 g (12%)Cholesterol: 61 mg (20%)Sodium: 963 mg (42%)Potassium: 335 mg (10%)Fiber: 7 g (29%)Sugar: 4.4 g (5%)Calcium: 200 mg (20%)Iron: 3.2 mg (18%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
This looks awesome! I am wondering what the Freestyle pts. are. Has anyone figured them out?
I just updated the recipe…it’s 2 Freestyle Points. :)
We love this soup! Can you please post the saturated fat and sugar amounts to calculate the new Weight Watchers SmartPoints? Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!
Just made this for dinner tonight. It was so delicious but I definitely had to add more chicken broth to get it to the consistency of a soup. My husband even liked it and he is very picky. I have a lot left over, can you freeze this soup?
I tried this for dinner tonight and it was AWESOME! The sour cream and cheese really make this! I think this could make a really good dip if you drained it some before putting it in to simmer. Thanks for the recipe!
Looks great! Just have one quick question: do you add the corn when you add the tomatoes, beans, and seasoning? It doesn’t mention that in the recipe, so I just wanted to double check :) I can’t wait to make this!
Yes! Sorry about that…I missed adding the corn in the instructions!
In the recipe, it states it makes 8 servings, then says it makes 6 servings. Can you clarify? Thanks!
Yes, it is 6 servings…there was an error in there. :) Thanks for catching that!
This looks like a fabulous taco soup recipe – can’t wait to try it!