A taco in liquid form, this delicious Turkey Taco Soup is so hearty and satisfying! It’s a perfect Weight Watchers recipe that’s great for just about anytime.
It reheats and freezes well, so I like to double the batch and keep a good supply in my freezer.
Feel free to get creative with your toppings, and enhance the flavors even more by adding low fat sour cream, jalapeños, diced red onions, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro or reduced fat tortilla chips on top.
All the fiber and protein make this a very filling dish, not to mention delicious! Enjoy!
TURKEY TACO SOUP RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs extra lean ground turkey breast
- ½ cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 28 oz cans diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans - (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 medium onion - (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic - (minced)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar - (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium high heat. Add in ground turkey and broth, and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in garlic and onion, and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, tomatoes, corn, and beans, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for about 20-30 minutes. season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon into 6 serving bowls, and top each bowl with cheese, while soup is still hot.
- Serve with optional toppings such as: sour cream, lime wedge, diced red onions, fresh cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips).
- The entire recipe makes 6 servings
- The serving size is about 1 2/3 cups