These Breakfast Phyllo Wraps are perfect for when you need a breakfast on the go! I am almost always eating breakfast while I’m in the car or while I’m walking around the house getting the kids ready for school in the morning…so something nutritious, delicious, and that can be carried in one hand is ideal.
I usually make these wraps in bulk and then freeze them, so whenever I need one, I can just pop it out of the freezer and heat it up.
My Breakfast Phyllo Wraps are basically a traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs topped with American cheese and rolled into a phyllo that is baked until crisp and golden brown. To keep it lighter and healthy, I used egg whites, whole wheat phyllo, and fat free cheese.
If Points aren’t a concern of yours, feel free to use real eggs and cheese. Also, you add in some onion, tomatoes, mushrooms…any other veggies you’d like, if you want to bulk it up a bit. They are absolutely delicious and a great Weight Watchers breakfast idea.
BREAKFAST PHYLLO WRAP
- 4 sheets of whole wheat fillo dough (approx 13” x 18”)
- 6 egg whites (cooked, scrambled)
- 8 oz turkey bacon
- 2 slices fat free american cheese (cut in half)
- Prepare bacon according to package directions. Let cool, and then chop well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out 2 sheets of the fillo dough. Spread 1/2 of the scrambled egg whites, bacon, and 2 halves of the cheese along one short side of fillo stack. Fold in long sides of fillo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining 2 fillo sheets.
- Mist each log with cooking spray or an olive oil mister. Place on prepared baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.