There’s nothing I love more than a dish that’s quick and easy to throw together, yet is tremendously flavorful. This Spicy Bok Choy Recipe is a perfect example.
Inspired by a recipe I had at a local restaurant, I put together this delicious bok choy side dish recipe in minutes. I’ve always felt that baby bok choy is one of those often overlooked vegetables, so I love finding an opportunity to incorporate it into my diet.
It has a much more mild flavor as opposed to other leafy greens like chard and kale, and is still full of nutrients. In this Weight Watchers recipe, the bok choy head is simply halved and then seared in a wonderful peanut, soy, and sriracha based sauce.
- 4 medium heads of baby bok choy
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, and the garlic powder. Add water as needed to thin sauce to desired texture.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice bok choy, in half, lengthwise. Brush each cut half of the bok choy generously with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy cut side down on the grill or in the skillet, and cook until it is seared, about 2-3 minutes. Flip over each piece, and brush the back side of the bok choy with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy on a serving dish, and drizzle with remaining peanut sauce mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 bok choy halves
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value