There’s nothing I love more than a dish that’s quick and easy to throw together, yet is tremendously flavorful. This Spicy Bok Choy Recipe is a perfect example. Inspired by a recipe I found at PopSugar, I put together this delicious bok choy side dish recipe in minutes. I’ve always felt that baby bok choy is one of those often overlooked vegetables, so I love finding an opportunity to incorporate it into my diet. It has a much more mild flavor as opposed to other leafy greens like chard and kale, and is still full of nutrients. In this Weight Watchers recipe, the bok choy head is simply halved and then seared in a wonderful peanut, soy, and sriracha based sauce. And each serving is just 2 Points!
Spicy Bok Choy
Incredibly simple, yet wonderfully flavorful, this spicy baby bok choy recipe is a perfect Weight Watchers side dish recipe, and it’s just 2 Points per serving. Seared in a mouthwatering, spicy sauce, it’s hard to believe this tasty dish is so low calorie.
- 4 medium sized heads of baby bok choy
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and the garlic powder.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice bok choy, in half, lengthwise. Brush each cut half of the bok choy generously with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy cut side down on the grill or in the skillet, and cook until it is seared, about 2-3 minutes. Flip over each piece, and brush the back side of the bok choy with the peanut sauce mixture.
- Place bok choy on a serving dish, and drizzle with remaining peanut sauce mixture. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 bok choy halves
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 110 calories; 4.5g fat; 9g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 1g fiber