After a recent trip overseas, my husband brought me back an incredible seasoning mixture from a local market in Israel. The mixture contained pistachios, dried onion, and a mouthwatering spice blend. I used it one night, in an oven roasted salmon recipe, and the result was so incredible, I couldn’t wait to share it! Since most of us don’t have the option to fly to Israel to pick up a bag of this seasoning mixture, I did my best to replicate it. You will not be disappointed! It’s fantastic. And though it’s my favorite on salmon and other fish, you can find lots of fantastic uses for it. So, back to this Weight Watcher salmon recipe…it came out to just 5 Points per serving, and was a huge hit. The Points may vary between 5-6 Points depending which kind of salmon you use. I used Trader Joe’s Natural Wild Salmon Silver Coho Salmon, skinless and frozen. Enjoy!
Onion and Pistachio Crusted Salmon
Wonderfully seasoned oven roasted salmon makes a great healthy Weight Watchers dinner any night of the week. Quick and easy to prepare, with minimal prep, so it’s perfect for those busy weekdays.
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tbsp dried, minced onions
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a baking dish with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray, and place salmon fillets inside.
- In a small bow, mix together the minced onion, pistachios, dill, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over salmon, then rub with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Now sprinkle the nut and seasoning mixture over the top of the salmon fillets evenly. Press lightly to help is stick well to the salmon.
- Place in oven, uncovered for about 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Let rest for about 5 minutes outside the oven, before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 salmon fillet
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 219 calories; 12g fat; 1.9g saturated fat; 1g carbohydrates; 0g sugar; 23g protein; 0g fiber