After a recent trip overseas, my husband brought me back an incredible seasoning mixture from a local market in Israel. The mixture contained pistachios, dried onion, and a mouthwatering spice blend.
I used it one night, in an oven roasted salmon recipe, and the result was so incredible, I couldn’t wait to share it!
Since most of us don’t have the option to fly to Israel to pick up a bag of this seasoning mixture, I did my best to replicate it. You will not be disappointed! It’s fantastic.
And though it’s my favorite on salmon and other fish, you can find lots of fantastic uses for it. So, back to this Weight Watcher salmon recipe…it was a huge hit, and I will be definitely be making this regularly. Enjoy!
ONION AND PISTACHIO CRUSTED SALMON RECIPE
Wonderfully seasoned oven roasted salmon makes a great healthy dinner any night of the week. Quick and easy to prepare, with minimal prep, so it’s perfect for those busy weekdays.
- 1 lb salmon - (cut into 4 fillets)
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a baking dish with olive oil or a nonstick cooking spray, and place salmon fillets inside.
- In a small bow, mix together the minced onion, pistachios, dill, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over salmon, then rub with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Now sprinkle the nut and seasoning mixture over the top of the salmon fillets evenly. Press lightly to help is stick well to the salmon.
- Place in oven, uncovered for about 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Let rest for about 5 minutes outside the oven, before serving.
The entire recipe makes 4 servings The serving size is 1 salmon fillet
Calories: 239 kcal (12%)Carbohydrates: 6.4 g (2%)Protein: 24.6 g (49%)Fat: 14.3 g (22%)Saturated Fat: 1.9 g (12%)Cholesterol: 50 mg (17%)Sodium: 64 mg (3%)Potassium: 584 mg (17%)Fiber: 1.3 g (5%)Sugar: 2.6 g (3%)Calcium: 50 mg (5%)Iron: 1.3 mg (7%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I was wondering which spice it was because I have several spices from Israel.
I wish I knew :(. It was from a market, and was bagged with no listing of ingredients. I just tried to emulate based on taste.