If you’ve been reading LaaLoosh for a while, you’ll probably know that roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to eat them. The roasting process adds such a fantastic flavor, and even my kids will eat their veggies this way, so that’s a huge plus. One of our family’s favorite vegetables to roast is cauliflower, so recently, I decided to experiment with a few ideas and see if I could take a standard, roasted cauliflower recipe, and kick it up a notch. Mission accomplished. This Roasted Cumin Spiced Cauliflower and Garbanzo Beans is so ridiculously simple, but is absolutely delicious and truly tastes like something that would be served as a side dish in a fancy restaurant. You can enjoy it is as is, or serve on top of salads or in soups for added flavor bonus. I like to serve it in a pretty bowl, garnished with fresh parsley, alongside my protein of choice. If you are looking for a way to get more fiber in your diet, this easy Weight Watchers side dish recipe is a must.
Roasted Cumin Spiced Cauliflower and Garbanzo Beans
Incredibly flavored cauliflower and garbanzo beans are roasted to golden perfection in this easy Weight Watchers side dish recipe. Packed with protein, fiber and nutrition, this dish offers a great way to make vegetables taste decadent!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Zest of a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly mist with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, seal, and shake well to evenly coat.
- Dump contents onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes, shaking the baking sheet once or twice throughout, to help ensure even roasting.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 114 calories; 3.5g fat; .5g saturated fat; 16.5g carbohydrates; 1.8g sugar; 5g protein; 6g fiber