If you’ve been reading LaaLoosh for a while, you’ll probably know that roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to eat them. The roasting process adds such a fantastic flavor, and even my kids will eat their veggies this way, so that’s a huge plus.
One of our family’s favorite vegetables to roast is cauliflower, so recently, I decided to experiment with a few ideas and see if I could take a standard, roasted cauliflower recipe, and kick it up a notch. Mission accomplished.
This Roasted Cumin Spiced Cauliflower and Garbanzo Beans is so ridiculously simple, but is absolutely delicious and truly tastes like something that would be served as a side dish in a fancy restaurant. You can enjoy it is as is, or serve on top of salads or in soups for added flavor bonus.
I like to serve it in a pretty bowl, garnished with fresh parsley, alongside my protein of choice.
If you are looking for a way to get more fiber in your diet, this easy Weight Watchers side dish recipe is a must.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- Zest of a lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly mist with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place all ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, seal, and shake well to evenly coat.
- Dump contents onto baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes, shaking the baking sheet once or twice throughout, to help ensure even roasting.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 1 Point*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value