Slow Cooker Barbacoa
Tender, juicy, amazingly flavored beef that is melt in your mouth delicious. Slow cooked to perfection, this tasty barbacoa can be served in so many ways!
- 3 lbs chuck roast, fat trimmed, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2-3 chiptoles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp corriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Juice from 3 limes
- 1/2 cup fat free beef broth
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender enough to be shredded with a fork.
- Using two forks, shred the meat, then stir well with the juices.
- Serve using a slotted spoon, tongs or a fork.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 -8 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 10
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 10 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup shredded meat
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 308 calories; 11g fat; 2.5g carbohydrates; 38g protein; 0g fiber