I’m always looking for ways to use my ripe bananas in recipes.
This cookie is wonderful, it’s moist and full of delicious nuts and raisins. I like to use them as a snack before and after my walks.
They’re sweet and tasty without being overly sweet or rich. The applesauce helps to add a sweet and moist quality to the cookie.
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup 2 % milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped or sliced)
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the bananas, applesauce and milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and mix well.
- Fold in the raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cookies begin to set up.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Entire serving makes 24 servings
Serving size is 1 cookie
Each serving = 2 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value