Whole Wheat Banana Nut Mini Loaves
Moist, decadent and wonderfully flavorful, these naturally sweetened make a perfect portion controlled treat. Enjoy with your morning coffee or tea, or even for dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a mini loaf pan with non fat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture, then add in the eggs, honey, butter, honey, and applesauce. Mix until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the bananas and walnuts into the batter.
- Evenly distribute into 12 mini loaf cups (alternatively, 36 mini muffin cups).
- Bake until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean, when inserted in the center. About 20 minutes (alternatively, 12-15 for mini muffins).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is 1 mini loaf or 3 mini muffins
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 177 calories; 6g fat; 1.9g saturated fat; 29g carbohydrates; 10.7g sugar; 4g protein; 2g fiber