We’re rounding out of week of international cuisine with a stop back here at home in the US. This banana cookie is a really wonderful snack. I’m always game for recipes that use up bananas, since we typically have one or two that need to be used since they’re over ripe. These cookies are so simple, just toss everything in the bowl and mix. They’re also really delicious. I like to use them as a snack after my walk with my dog. You can use old fashioned oats or quick oats, but I typically use half and half. It gives me the texture of old fashioned oats but the quick oats absorb the moisture better and hold the cookie together. With the raisins and chocolate chips, the whole family will love these cookies.
These cookies are perfect for dessert or snack. They’re filled with wholesome ingredients and are less than 100 calories per cookie.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack and cooling completely.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 12 servings
Serving size is about 2 cookie.
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 191 calories; 4g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 35g carbohydrates; 12.8g sugar; 5.6g protein; 4.4g fiber