What better way to get in a nice big serving of veggies than to serve them atop noodles with a delicious Asian-style sauce smothering everything! This Savory Vegetable Stir Fry dish has become a family favorite of ours because not only is it healthy and delicious, but it’s a breeze to prepare.
Feel free to mix it up with the veggies and toss in whatever you have on hand. It also works great with cauliflower, bok choy, zucchini, carrots, and snap peas.
You could also serve this over brown rice or quinoa if preferred, and it reheats brilliantly the next day, so make sure to make some extra for leftovers!
Savory Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
A most delicious way to enjoy your veggies, this fantastic, flavorful vegetarian stir fry recipe is simple and always a crowd favorite.
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta or soba noodles
- 1 medium red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 half a small head of cabbage - cored and thinly sliced
- 8 oz Shitake mushrooms - 1 package, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper - seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger - minced
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions and set them aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onions and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, bell pepper, cabbage, mushrooms, and ginger. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, but not soft and mushy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Pour sauce over vegetables, turn heat to medium, and cook while constantly stirring until sauce thickens about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss with prepared noodles and serve.
Serving: 2 cupsCalories: 310 kcal (16%)Carbohydrates: 58 g (19%)Protein: 11 g (22%)Fat: 8 g (12%)Saturated Fat: 1 g (6%)Fiber: 8 g (33%)Sugar: 3.1 g (3%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!