Lemon Artichoke Chicken
Moist, juicy chicken thighs decadently seasoned and served over tender roasted artichoke hearts. This dish hits a ton of flavor notes yet it’s such a breeze to prepare.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- 16 oz canned or frozen artichoke hearts (drained/thawed)
- 6 shallots, cut into thin wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well with hands to coat. Cover and let marinade for at least 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray a large baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place chicken and artichoke mixture into baking dish, and roast uncovered for about 30 minutes. Then cover with foil, and roast for another 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 5 – 6 spears
Each serving = 3 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 103 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 8g carbohydrates; 0g sugar; 1g protein; 2.5g fiber