Crockpot Beef Stew
This fabulous beef stew is just the thing for a cold winter evening. It’s so simple to make, but so delicious. It’s a classic comfort food that is beloved by all.
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 cups beef broth
- 4 medium stalks celery, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the roast into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel the carrots and chop them into equal chunks, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chop the onion into large pieces.
- In a crockpot, combine the beef, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 8 – 12 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Approximately 20 minutes before serving, add the celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4-12 hours
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups of soup (including 4 oz beef)
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 290 calories; 11g fat; 3g saturated fat; 20g carbohydrates; 3g sugar; 27g protein; 3g fiber