Fall and football season are already in full swing, and I can’t stop fantasizing about Super Bowl foods! With buffalo wings using being one of the key dishes on any Super Bowl Sunday table, I decided to try out a lighter, healthier take on that popular recipe.
My Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is not only super easy to make, but because it uses skinless bombers breasts, it’s way lighter and healthier than the wings. Plus, it’s a lot less messy. And making a sandwich out of the meat makes it a much more filling food.
If I have an extra Point or two to spend, adding a tbsp of blue cheese dressing to this sandwich is absolutely DELISH, and I highly recommend it.For this recipe, you’ll want to use whole wheat buns that are around 90 calories each.
And if you want to skip the buns altogether, you can use the buffalo chicken meat on top of a salad, which would eliminate some extra Points. Either way, this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe is as delicious as it easy, and is a must try for any buffalo chicken wing lovers. :)
- 1 lb chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 12oz bottle Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Cook chicken in crockpot on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, drain juices from the crockpot and shred chicken with two forks.
- Then add the butter and RedHot sauce, mix well, and cook on high for another 30 minutes.
- Spoon chicken onto a toasted hamburger bun, and top with lettuce, tomatoes and red onions if desired.
Entire recipe makes 4 sandwiches
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value