If you are looking for a healthy Thanksgiving side dish recipe this year, these Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a fantastic alternative to candied yams. Yes, I know traditional candied yams are swimming in butter and melted marshmallow and nothing can quite compare to that, but these sweet potatoes are a LOT better for you and a great way to help you stay on track this holiday season. Plus, they are incredibly easy to prepare, requiring just 3 steps and a small handful of ingredients…most of which you probably already have on hand. And they are so delicious, you won’t be making them just at Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
- 4 cups sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the remaining ingredients. Toss well to coat.
- Evenly spread potatoes onto baking sheet. Place in oven and roast, turning frequently, until the potatoes are soft and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 6 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 209 calories; 3.5g fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 40g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 0.5g sugar; 2.5g protein