These Moroccan Beef and Lamb meatballs are definitely a game changer in the meatball department. Tender, succulent, and full of traditional Moroccan spices, this recipe has become a favorite in our household.
My kids love to eat them stuffed inside a pita, and topped with my homemade tzatziki sauce and cucumber tomato salad. It is truly a mouthwatering combination. You can easily skewer these meatballs for easy grilling, if you’d prefer that cooked over coals taste….it’s divine!
Maybe take some to your 4th of July BBQ this year and blow those burgers and hotdogs out of the water! Everytime I make them, I triple the batch and then freeze some because they are just so incredibly tasty and I love having some remade to heat up.
And at just 5 Points per serving, this Weight Watchers meatball recipe tastes way more decadent. These are a MUST make, you guys.
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 1/2 lb lean ground lamb
- 1 medium onion (grated)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well with hands. Form meat mixture into 20 1” meatballs. Place meatballs on baking sheet, and place in oven. Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 5 meatballs
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only in ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value