Within hot and busy summer days, I rarely have the time or patience to put forth a lot of effort in the kitchen. So I’ve been making Weight Watcher recipes that are fast, easy, and delicious.
This Balsamic Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Recipe is a great dish that I find myself cooking again and again because it’s super fast and easy, and my whole family loves it. Sometimes, I’ll even double, or triple this recipe, then freeze it in the marinade so that I can have it available for a quick and easy dinner the following week too.
The marinade is so incredibly flavorful, and the meat turns out juicy and delicious. I have sometimes left my veggies in the marinade with the chicken, and that also works….the veggies just come out darker from soaking in the marinade. Such an easy and tasty meal! Enjoy.
- 1 lb chicken thighs (skinless, boneless)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and salt & pepper. Add in the chicken, cover and marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425. Mist a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add vegetables in with the chicken, and toss to coat. Transfer veggies, chicken, and marinade to baking dish (do not crowd chicken).
- Place in oven, and roast for about 30-40 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until chicken is cooked through.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 chicken thighs with vegetables
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value