On hot summer days, this fresh Grilled Chicken Spinach and Strawberry Salad is the perfect light meal.
The goat cheese is creamy and tangy, and perfectly enhanced by the sweet and tart strawberries, and the bold balsamic dressing. The tender grilled chicken adds a healthy dose of protein, and the spinach packs in some serious nutrition.
If I have a few extra Points to spare, I’ll throw in a handful of lightly candied walnuts or some slivered almonds for added sweetness and crunch.
It’s really such an easy salad to make, with just a handful of ingredients. Makes for a great Sunday brunch recipe too! And at just 5 Points per serving, this salad has all the flavors of decadence with zero guilt.
- 1 lb grilled chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 6oz bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 a small onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups strawberries (thinly sliced)
- 2 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients, except the chicken and goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss all ingredients, except the chicken and goat cheese in a large bowl. Slice the chicken into thin strips, and lay atop the salad. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over the top and serve.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only ingredients with an SP Freestyle value