Chips and salsa are such a beloved snack…I mean, come on…have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like it? And with so many salsa variations available, this is a food you can never get tired of! I really love all salsas, from the freshly made to the store-bought, and everything in between. But there is something about the flavor of a restaurant salsa that is just impossible to resist.
It turns out, it’s actually pretty easy to recreate a restaurant salsa at home. In fact, it takes just a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes to get a fresh, homemade, restaurant quality salsa on your table. Store-bought salsa can be good, but once you’ve had this delicious, natural, freshly-made salsa, you’ll never want to go back to jarred.
This 5 Minute Restaurant Salsa Recipe is so bright and refreshing and tastes even better when refrigerated overnight. So, if you planning to make this for a party, this would be a great recipe to make the night before.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, use it in wraps, or top your favorite Mexican salad with it instead of using dressing!
Also, check out my cranberry salsa recipe, it is delicious!
5 Minute Restaurant Salsa Recipe
- 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes, in their juice
- 1 small onion - (roughly chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper - (seeded and diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic - (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ cup cilantro - (loosely packed)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are broken up and udesired texture is reached.
- The entire recipe makes 8 servings
- The serving size is ½ cup
Would rather see a recipe using fresh & not canned tomatoes.
then use fresh tomatoes.