An easy wholesome dinner that is made with fresh ingredients, and takes very little prep time. If you’ve ever had bruschetta as an appetizer, then you know how magical the flavor combination of tomatoes, basil, garlic and balsamic vinegar is.
This Chicken Bruschetta Bake recipe takes all the divine flavors of a bruschetta appetizer, and turns it into a complete meal. Typically, bruschetta is served on bread, toast, or crackers. But here, it’s baked over top of chicken breasts, which keeps them tender and juicy, and locks in those incredible flavors. It also ups the protein content and lowers the carbs, making it a healthier and lighter meal.
The melted mozzarella cheese really seals the deal on this dish, and gives that creamy, melty goodness that just can’t be compromised. Not all delicious and healthy Weight Watchers recipes require hours of painstaking effort in the kitchen. This Chicken Bruschetta is a breeze, and delivers a fantastic meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into 4 cutlets, and arrange evenly in a baking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Pour evenly over chicken breasts, using a spoon or spatula to spread it out.
- Place in oven and bake for about 35 - 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- The tomatoes, will release a lot of liquid while cooking, carefully drain out most of this liquid. Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over the top, and return to oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze before serving.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 cutlet with toppings
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value