If I’m going to spend 7 Points on a meal, it sure better be tasty. And when I tried this low calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe, I was very impressed.
This dish was super delicious, pretty easy to make, and a hit with the entire family. NO ONE had any idea this was a weight watchers recipe! Most traditional chicken cordon bleu recipes are laden with fat and calories, but my slimmed down version is MUCH better for you, while still keeping fabulous taste, flavor and cheesy goodness!
Though it’s not an official one of Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes, this fabulous Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu is sure to be loved by anyone who loves healthy versions of traditional recipes. Enjoy!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of low fat ham lunch-meat, any brand
- 4 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup regular Fiber One Cereal
- 1 tbsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with non stick, non fat cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap.
- Spread 1/2 of a Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese wedge onto each chicken breast. Then, top with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of Swiss cheese.
- Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends and secure with toothpicks.
- In a food processor or blender, process the Fiber One Cereal until it becomes a breadcrumb like consistently.
- Combine the cereal mix into a small bowl with onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey mustard and white wine. Transfer chicken to honey mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is one rolled chicken breast
Each serving = 7 Points