These Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges are a fantastic healthy and low calorie side dish recipe that is not only delicious but SO easy to prepare.
I kept getting so many cabbage heads in my Farm Fresh to You Produce Package, I had to start finding new things to do with it. The first time I made these roasted cabbage wedges, my husband grilled them and they were fantastic!! The second time I made them, my husband was at work, and I have no desire to cook anything on the grill myself in the midst of the August heat. So I decided to roast them in the oven and they turned out just as good.
The addition of the bacon gives them such a nice flavor and adds some pizzazz to the mild flavor of the cabbage. These can also be sliced into a total of 8 thinner wedges if you want to get more out of it and lower the Points value.
If you are a fan of cabbage, definitely give these Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges a try. They are the perfect Weight Watchers Recipe to serve up at that last summer BBQ!
Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedge Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp real bacon bits
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-fat cooking spray.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 4 equally-sized wedges. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, paprika, bacon bits and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Using an oil mister, lightly mist the top sides of each cabbage wedge, then, using a pastry brush, generously brush on the marinade. Turn over cabbage wedges , and repeat on second side.
- Roast cabbage for about 10 minutes, or until edges of the cabbage and the bottom of the wedges are nicely browned. Then turn each wedge carefully and roast 10-15 minutes more, until the cabbage is nicely browned and cooked through.
Making this now for my GF Husband with salmon and kale, 5 minutes left and it smells and looks fantastic! It was nice and tender already when I flipped it, although I am not getting any browning on the cabbage… I’ll live with the flavors! Thank you!
This cabbage recipe was horrible I will never make it again. I could not get it to any degree of being tender. Do not try this it is not good.