Even though it’s still crazy hot here in Southern California, I can’t help but fantasize about fall and all the delicious Weight Watchers Fall Recipes I’ll be whipping up this season!
In light of my fall food fantasies, today I’m sharing this delicious and super easy Butternut Squash Turkey Bolognese Recipe. Made with a jarred butternut squash pasta sauce, you’ll get a healthy and mouthwatering pasta dish that’s very simple to prepare, but tastes like you’ve been slaving over the stove all day working on it.
The sauce is incredible…so fresh tasting, so creamy, and yet very light. By adding the cooked ground turkey sauteed with onion and garlic, the dish becomes more hearty and homemade tasting. And the fresh basil adds the perfect finishing touch.
So, if you are in the mood for fall, this light Butternut Squash Bolognese is a must try.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH TURKEY BOLOGNESE RECIPE
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta - (uncooked)
- 1 small onion - (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic - (minced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 10 -12 basil leaves - (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups jarred Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large, nonstick skillet with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until they begin to soften and onions become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey, paprika, salt and pepper, and break up with a wooden spoon, while cooking. Cook until just browned.
- Pour in pasta sauce, cover and let cook on low until pasta sauce is heated through and hot. Stir in basil.
- Remove from heat, and toss with cooked pasta.