A perfect quick and easy dinner idea, these no-fuss, low calorie Asian-Style Pork Meatballs are just heavenly! Slightly sweet, slightly tangy, and a bit salty, the flavor combination works perfectly, and the end result in a juicy and mouthwatering meatball. Searing them in the sesame oil first, and then finishing them off in the oven helps to seal in the natural juices of the meat, and also adds a nice touch of sesame flavor. Each four meatball serving comes out to just 3 Points each, which is fantastic! Serve this with toothpicks for an appetizer, or serve them over steamed rice and paired with a light cabbage salad for a complete meal.
Asian Style Pork Meatballs
Juicy, incredibly flavorful, and just 3 Points per serving…what more could you ask for? These Asian Style Pork Meatballs make a wonderful appetizer or as a main course served with rice and a cabbage salad.
- 1 lb extra lean ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except the sesame oil) in a bowl, and mix well with hands. Form into 32 1 “ sized meatballs.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place meatballs in the pan, and brown evenly on all sides. Should take about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer meatballs to prepared baking sheet, and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are entirely cooked through.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 4 meatballs
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 112 calories; 4,5g fat; 3.5g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 0g fiber