A perfect quick and easy dinner idea, these no-fuss, low calorie Asian-Style Pork Meatballs are just heavenly! Slightly sweet, slightly tangy, and a bit salty, the flavor combination works perfectly, and the end result in a juicy and mouthwatering meatball.
Searing them in the sesame oil first, and then finishing them off in the oven helps to seal in the natural juices of the meat, and also adds a nice touch of sesame flavor.
Serve this with toothpicks for an appetizer, or serve them over steamed rice and paired with a light cabbage salad for a complete meal.
Juicy and incredibly flavorful, these Asian Style Pork Meatballs make a wonderful appetizer or a main course served with rice and a cabbage salad.
- 1 lb extra lean ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except the sesame oil) in a bowl, and mix well with hands. Form into 24 1 “ sized meatballs.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place meatballs in the pan, and brown evenly on all sides. Should take about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer meatballs to prepared baking sheet, and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are entirely cooked through.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 4 meatballs
Each serving = 4 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value