Forget the fast food! This healthier and lighter Mongolian Beef Recipe delivers all the flavor but with a lot less fat, calories, and sodium.
Instead of picking up dinner from my local Chinese restaurant, I just whip up this easy dish instead! It’s simple and requires just a handful of ingredients that I most likely already have on hand. And it is DELICIOUS!
When I’m making it for just myself, I often add in extra scallions or red peppers to kick up the spice level a bit. But when I’m serving it to the whole family, I make the recipe as is. And at just 5 Points per serving, this dish is the perfect way to satisfy that Chinese fast food craving.
- 1 lb beef sirloin (thinly sliced against the grain)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 scallions (cut into 3 inch sections)
- 3 mild red chili peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a large bowl, marinate the beef with the soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add in beef, garlic, and ginger, and cook until no longer pink. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add in the remaining oil, chili peppers and scallions. Sauce for about 1-2 minutes. Then stir in the beef, and toss to combine.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value