You guys know how much I love quick and easy dinner recipes…especially ones that involve minimal cleanup! Well, these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas have given me another delicious and healthy chicken recipe to add to my weeknight dinner recipe repertoire.
Another great thing about this chicken fajitas recipe is that it is ideal for meal prep. You cook up this one big batch, and then portion it into your meal containers for the week! How easy is that? My husband loves this idea…since he’s been trying to eat healthier and take lunch to work every day instead of going out and buying food at a restaurant. I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat chicken fajitas all week?! My mouth is watering just writing about it.
Typically, when I cook chicken fajitas, I sear them in my cast iron skillet. But my skillet is small, so I have to cook them in batches, which is quite time consuming. Plus, I hate scrubbing out my skillet afterward. But now, by roasting everything together in one big batch on my baking sheet, I can get everything cooked in one shot, which is such a timesaver! And I don’t have to stand at the stove constantly, which is a HUGE benefit when I’m trying to help my kids with their homework at the same time.
Now, traditionally, fajitas are served with warm flour tortillas, but if you are trying to watch your calories and/or carbs, you can eat them over salad or as is. They also work really well in a wrap (which is how I send them to school with my kids for lunch). I splurge every now and then and eat them with tortillas, but my favorite way is just to eat them as is with my 0 Points Restaurant Salsa over top – YUM!
And with all the amazing changes Weight Watchers recently made to their Smart Points program, this recipe clocks in at just 2 Points per serving! I also like to eat this over salad greens with my pico de gallo and some black beans on top which makes it a very filling and satisfying meal for no additional Points. And since they are so guilt free, if you have an opportunity to splurge a bit with your Points, feel free to top these with some fresh guacamole or sour cream.
I know how much you guys all love easy, healthy chicken recipes, so I’m confident that you’ll flip for these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Ever have a day when dinner time is fast approaching and you have no idea what you’re going to make? Keep these babies on your radar for that next time you need a quick weeknight dinner recipe, and just let the oven do the work for you, while you kick back with a skinny margarita…or two.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast - (sliced into strips)
- 1 onion - (sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper - (sliced into strips)
- 1 red bell pepper - (sliced into strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper - (sliced into strips)
- 2 cloves of garlic - (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh cilantro - (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Add in the oil and garlic, and toss well to coat. Sprinkle in the seasoning mixture and toss well.
- Evenly spread the onions, bell pepper, and chicken strips onto the baking sheet. Make sure that the chicken is not overlapping.
- Roast in the oven, tossing once about halfway through, for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through and the vegetables begin char.
- Drizzle lime juice over everything and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas, over a salad, or in a wrap.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is about 1 ½ cups of chicken and vegetables