Garlic butter. Do I really need to say more that that?!? I am willing to eat just about anything with garlic butter on it, and these Roasted Garlic Butter Carrots, turned out soooooo much more amazing than I anticipated. My kids were literally FIGHTING OVER CARROTS. They couldn’t get enough. I couldn’t get enough. Each bite was a mouthful of garlic butter magic. In fact, the next time I do this, I’m going to double the recipe, because we just could not stop eating them.
The only ingredient that counts in the Smart Points calculation is the butter, so each serving factors out to just 3 Points…not bad! And this Weight Watchers side dish recipe is really so ridiculously easy to prepare. If you want to make it even easier, use baby carrots, which will save you the peeling step.
I’m thrilled that I now have this tasty dish to rely on as another way to get some proper veggies servings onto my family’s plate. This one is a MUST make!
- 1 lb carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add in garlic and a bit of salt. Heat, stirring very frequently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots to sauce pan, and stir to coat. Heat, stirring frequently for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to baking sheet, sprinkle with a bit of additional salt, and roast in oven for about 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 3 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value