Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe – 1 Point Value

Baked Sweet Potato Chips

This Weight Watchers Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is the perfect, low calorie snack for anyone following the Weight Watchers program, or anyone just trying to eat better. Sweet Potatoes are much higher in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants than regular potatoes, and lower in calories and carbohydrates. So by giving this fabulous Weight Watcher Recipe a try and baking these tasty Sweet Potato Chips yourself, you are still able to enjoy the feeling of chomping down on some tasty potato chips, but you are really having quite a healthy, low calorie snack! And this Baked Potato Chips Recipe is so easy to make, you’ll use it time and time again. It also makes a great healthy snack recipe to serve the kids, and is sure to liven up all of your parties and get-togethers. Truly one of the simplest and tastiest Weight Watchers Recipes that I’ve encountered during my years a s a member. Nothing beats a yummy (and healthy!) Homemade Potato Chips Recipe!

Weight Watchers Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe

Ingredients:
– 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled
– Non-fat Olive Oil Cooking Spray
– 1/8 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
Thinly slice potatoes in a food processor or by hand; they should be no more than 1/8-inch thick. The thinner the better (it gives you more chips for the same amount of Weight Watchers Points!!!)
Arrange slices on baking sheets so they don’t overlap. Spray with a bit more oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake chips until they begin to lightly brown, about 15 minutes. Cool on a rack and serve. Recipe makes 4 servings.

*TIP: If leftover chips become soggy, put them back in a hot oven for a few minutes to crisp them up.

Serving size is 1/4th of recipe
Each serving = 1 Weight Watchers Point

Comments

1. I’m going to try this!

I’m looking at sensible ways of changing my diet without doing anything too drastic. This is really motivating! I have been yo-yo dieting since 2010, but I’ve finally decided to get the help I need to make positive changes in my life. I’m fighting the urge to do my usual quick weight loss (as it only results in me gaining more once I finish).

If you have any recommendations or tips I would love you to leave me a comment on my blog: http://theyo-yodieter.blogspot.co.uk/

2. How many calories is one serving?

3. I really got into sweet potato fries at Wendy’s so if these sweet potato chips are as good as the fries then you got yourself a winner. Can’t wait to try this recipe.. Thanks for posting.

4. This is a great recipe. I really love sweet potato chips and they very healthy snack. Thanks for sharing

5. Tamyrra says:

Another site mentioned baking @ 200° F for 40-50 minutes then flipping and baking 30-40 minutes longer–until edges are fluted–then keying then cool outside the oven on the baking sheets. It may help.

6. Slim Dream says:

oh yum!! i try and try to duplicate the sweet potato fries and it never works out.

7. Those sweet potatoes sure look good. I love making sweet potato fries but I've never tried the chips. At 1 point who can beat that.

8. Bodybuilding supplem says:

Coincidentally, I've got some sweet potatoes to use up so I'll be trying this later on!

9. Hah this sounds like something that would be good to diet on. Im all for it i would just recomend that you use some sort of organically produced chips. They are much better for you and thats the whole idea of being on a diet isnt it? You can find a ton of other organic recipes here

10. Hi there!

I'm so happy to have found this! I keep getting e-mails about this and that diets(from StumbleUpon) that have Nothing to do with WW!!!

Thank you so much for posting this.

11. I followed the directions and my fries turned black before they ever got crispy. What did I do wrong?

• These can be tricky to master. Try sprinkling the chips with some Kosher salt, and letting them sit about 5 min to pull out the water. Then pat the chips with a paper towel to get them as dry as you can. Also, you could try using a mandoline slicer to get the chips as thin as you can.

12. I followed this recipe, cut them very thin and they turned black before they got crispy. what happened?

13. William Cantrell says:

A very tasty recipe. Thank you for sharing! I eat these with wasabi mayonnaise sauce, very good.

14. Diet Solution Online says:

Sounds nice, although not sure for the point value. I'm okey to have it once a while. :D

15. Those look delicious! Why I generally don't eat chips of any sort because they're so fatty and high in calories, being that these are only "1 point" I may just have to give them a try! Not to mention the picture makes them look so delicious!

16. thanks for sharing -going to the farmer market tomorrow and i am so making thees

17. Although sweet potatoes may seem be mostly part of the Thanksgiving tradition, it is wide to include this vegetable in our meals throughout the year since they are some of the most nutritious vegetables!

This is a great recipe for sweet potatoes, not only do they taste like chips, but have surprising health benefits. So delicious!

18. smartipie55 says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love sweet potato chips. I have tried to make them before, but I tried to fry them not bake them. DO NOT fry them, they will only sap up the oil. I will definitely try them the way you mentioned. I love your site, and I see a lot of useful recipes I'd like to try. I believe you do deserve a big double thumps up. smartipie55.

19. Natasha says:

Fantastic recipe!!

Thanks!

20. Sweet potato French fries are good too. Sweet potatoes are better than white potatoes with the skin on so I would opt for this yummy snack. I've lost 90 pounds with WW and it works!

21. I want to eat them!

22. wayculmom says:

These are amazing….!!!

23. I can never get them crispy enough to make chips, but I like to use this same method to make sweet potato french fries. I usually eat about 1/2 of a large potato, so it would be 2 points, but that's still great for french fries!

To make them crispier you can par boil the potato pieces first and then sprinkle them with a little corn starch.

24. And keep in mind that the serving size is so small — 1/4 of a potato worth of chips? The recipe isn't unhealthy, but the statistics are a little skewed :)

But… yum!!!

25. Italiano, the olive oil spray isn't actually fat free..it's just that the the FDA allows producers of this olive oil spray to list each serving as fat free because the quantity of fat in each spray is so minimal, it is not even 1 gram. However, the whole can contains many grams of fat.

26. Italiano says:

fat free olive oil??? I wouldn't eat that if you paid me. Would rather eat the GOOD fats of real olive oil.

27. Those look so good.

Seriously, only one point?!

28. I made this recipe and it was SO delicious! You do really have to watch the chips because they go from being not ready to being over done very quickly. Otherwise these are a wonderful low point side dish or snack when you are craving something crunchy. Just a helpful tip, they can also be made in the microwave! Just place the slices on a piece of parchment sprayed lightly with cooking spray. You can add any seasoning you want (I like Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle), cook on high for 2-3 minutes. When they start to turn brown at the edges they are done. I didn't think these would get crispy in the microwave but they do! The key is to slice them VERY thin. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the slicer attachment, but a mandolin type slicer would work even better. The thinner you can slice them the more crispy they will get and the more chips you will get per serving. This is a KEEPER!

29. this is impossible. you can't have chips with only 1 point! it's crazy.

• It may sound too good to be true, but it is! Keep in mind that the recipe uses 1 whole sweet potato, which will be about 3-4 Weight Watchers Points. The amount of cooking oil spray is so trivial that it does not affect the Points value. And the recipe makes 4 servings, so, it's basically 1/4th of the sweet potato, which is 1 Weight Watchers Point.