Bacon Mashed Potatoes Recipe – 3 Points +
photo credit: budget bytes
An ideal low calorie side dish, these Bacon Mashed Potatoes are DELICIOUS! And at just 3 Points + for 1 1/4 cups, it’s a great bargain. By bulking up the potatoes with some cauliflower, you can get more quantity for less calories, and I promise, you won’t even be able to tell there’s cauliflower in it. It’s a great way to sneak in some more veggies for the kids too! The bacon, green onions, and sour cream give these mashed potatoes a fabulous flavor and texture and make it a truly decadent dish.
Bacon Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Treat yourself to these delicious Bacon Mashed Potatoes and enjoy a decadent, but low calorie side dish that boasts just 3 Points + per serving.
- 1 lb baby potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes and cauliflower in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel. Let cool, and then chop finely.
- Mash the potatoes, cauliflower, buttermilk, sour cream, and salt & pepper with a potato masher until desired texture is reached.
- Fold in green onions and the chopped bacon.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 3 Points +
PER SERVING: 115 calories; 2 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber