Nothing says summer like barbecuing on the grill, and I will pretty much eat anything that’s been coated with a tasty BBQ sauce and cooked over an open flame! One of my all time favorite Weight Watchers Grilling Recipes involves barbecuing slices of sweet potatoes….YUM! I played around with a few different BBQ sauces to coat the potatoes with, and came up with one that is not only super low in calories, but that is also incredibly flavorful. This is a quick and easy summer recipe that makes the perfect low calorie side dish to just about any meal. So if you are busting out the grill anytime soon, add this Barbecued Sweet Potatoes Recipe to your list. Each satisfying serving is just 2 Points!
Barbecued Sweet Potatoes Recipe
If you are looking for a tasty, low Points way to cook some potatoes, give this tangy BBQ Sweet Potatoes Recipe a try. With just 2 Points per serving, you’ll get a satisfying vegan side dish that’s full of flavors, but low on calories and is fat free.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into ¼” slices
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp chili chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Set the grill the medium-hot fire/heat; spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the potatoes. Mix well.
- Add potato slices into bowl, and toss well, making sure to coat each potato slice thoroughly with the sauce.
- Grill potatoes about 5” from the flame, turning often, and brushing with sauce , until browned and crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside – about 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is ½ cup
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 100 calories; 0 g fat; 23 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber