Thai Stir Fry
Keeps the carbs under control by forgoing the pad Thai noodles. Instead, season the tofu and bean sprouts with delicious fish and oyster sauces. Add some shrimp for a little added protein and garnish the whole dish with chopped peanuts and cilantro to make it beautiful as well as tasty.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 oz) pkg extra firm tofu, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 can (14 oz) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Green onions or chopped cilantro to garnish (if desired)
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Cook the onion, tofu, garlic and chili flakes in the hot oil for 4 – 5 minutes, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the egg and continue to cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until the egg is cooked.
- Add the honey, fish and oyster sauces and a 1/2 cup water. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots and bean sprouts. Cook until the shrimps are opaque.
- Serve garnished with chopped peanuts, chives or green onions and fresh limes and cilantro.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Thai
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 293 calories; 12.7g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 12.2g carbohydrates; 4.6g sugar; 34.6g protein; 4g fiber