Pan fried in a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce, this is one low calorie shrimp stir fry recipe that is one of my go to shrimp dinner ideas. It can be prepared very quickly, and it has fabulous flavor. The veggies bulk it up, so you get a hearty dish that’s satisfying as opposed to a skimpy portion. Each serving has just 4 Points, which is fantastic for a main entree! Plus, I love that it’s loaded with protein and fiber, yet very low in carbohydrates. The vegetables are fresh and crisp and add a nice balance to the flavors. I like to pair this dish with a starchy side dish that may be a little higher on the Points scale or a decadent dessert. Since I’m keeping the main dish so low in Points, I figure I can afford to spend my Points elsewhere. :)
Lemon Garlic Pan Fried Shrimp Recipe with Vegetables
This delicious, low calorie shrimp recipe is definitely a keeper. Sauteed in a creamy lemon butter garlic sauce with fresh vegeatbles, you get a meal that’s not only delicious, but incredibly filling for just 4 Points per serving.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp light butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add butter, bell peppers, broccoli, shallots, lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Spray skillet again with nonfat cooking spray and add in garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is ¼ of total recipe (about 1 ½ cups)
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 158 calories; 2g fat; 14 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber