This shrimp salad is a favorite. It’s full of flavor, simple, delicious and perfect for a summer meal. The shrimp are marinated before they’re cooked, so they have a spicy Creole flavor that goes so well with the mild salad. Grilling the asparagus and peppers add flavor and a wonderful look to the salad. Drizzle on the lemon juice to keep everything bright and beautiful. This meal is elegant and will definitely become a family favorite.
A simple and delicious shrimp salad that is elegant and beautiful.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves, chopped or torn
- 3/4 lb asparagus, washed and chopped into 1 inch long pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup low fat feta cheese
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup beer (use gluten free beer if needed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 stalk fresh rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, squeezed and sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the marinade ingredients and shrimp in a large ziploc bag and marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour. The longer they marinade, the more flavor they will have.
- Drizzle the asparagus and pepper with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus and pepper in a grill pan or aluminum foil and grill for about 10 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp onto flat skewers and grill until they are opaque.
- Evenly divide the lettuce onto four plates.
- Top with the asparagus and peppers.
- Place the shrimp on top and sprinkle with feta.
- Drizzle on olive oil (if desired) and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minutes (+ 1 hr marinade)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 2/3 cups (including 4 oz shrimp)
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 219 calories; 8.7g fat; 3.2 saturated fat; 14.5g carbohydrates; 4.4g sugar; 22g protein; 4.5g fiber