Spicy Green Salad Recipe – 1 Points +
I love salads, but I often tire of the same old salad recipes with the same old salad dressings. This delicious Spicy Green Salad Recipe I learned from my father-in-law, who makes the most amazing salads I’ve ever had, with just the simplest of ingredients. Full of fresh herbs, crisp romaine lettuce and spicy jalapenos, this low calorie salad definitely does not lack flavor! And rather than using a pre-made bottled salad dressing, I made my own with just a few ingredients, and I truly believe that it tastes much better than any other salad dressing. Each serving of my Spicy Green Salad is just 1 Points +, and makes a great low Points + accompaniment to many different Weight Watchers Recipes.
Spicy Green Salad Recipe
This unique Spicy Green Salad recipe is not only delicious, light and healthy, it’s lovely to look at and goes well with many different low calorie meal ideas.
- 2 cups baby romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, dill, parsley, onion and jalapenos. Toss well.
- Add in garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 ¼ cups
Each serving = 1 Points +
PER SERVING: 68 calories; 4g fat; 2g carbohydrates; 1g protein; 2g fiber