I’m just going to get right to the point here — this Cauliflower and Cashew Curry Recipe was amazing. AMAZING. The flavors blended together perfectly, and the heat was just right. Of course, you can always crank it up by adding more curry and/or sriracha sauce. I like my Indian food recipes spicy, so I added a bit more, but the recipe I posted is average heat. The creamy, nutty tasting curry coconut sauce makes a decadent dressing for the cauliflower, along with the toasted cashew pieces. This unique Weight Watchers cauliflower recipe is just 4 Points +, and makes a lovely and satisfying side dish recipe to accompany a variety of main dishes. This Cauliflower and Cashew Curry Recipe has become one of my new favorite vegetable side dishes! Enjoy.
Cauliflower and Cashew Curry
A delicious new way to enjoy cauliflower, this dish will get your taste buds all worked up. It’s incredibly flavorful, filling, and full of nutrients. It makes a wonderful low calorie side dish to a variety of main courses.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 15oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- Set a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat, and add in cashews. Lightly toast them until the cashews begin to turn golden brown.
- Stir in cauliflower, coconut milk, curry powder, sriracha sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, and then turn heat down to medium, and cook until cauliflower becomes tender, about 10 minutes.
- Now stir in peanut butter, lime juice and red pepper flakes. Cook until sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Indian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cups
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 140 calories; 8g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 5g protein; 5g fiber