Deliciously fresh and light with a few Asian flavors, this Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe is really a terrific low calorie lunch idea that tastes great and is very satisfying.
The sweet crunch of the cabbage goes perfectly with the soy and ginger dressing. And at just 4 Points for the whole salad, this is one of my favorite Weight Watchers Recipes to rely on when I want a big, filling salad without using up a lot of Points.
You can also add a bit of Splenda or Stevia to the salad dressing to make it a bit sweeter, for no extra Points, which I like to do on occasion. Keep in mind though, that if you use sugar to sweeten it, it may cost you an extra Point. I’ve also added a tbsp of apple cider vinegar sometimes to give the dressing more of tang. So there are a couple different ways you can alter the flavor of the Asian dressing a bit for variation.
Pair this salad with a low calorie soup and some fresh fruit, and you’ve got yourself one fantastic meal that’s filling and nutritious!
Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad Recipe
A fresh and healthy Napa cabbage salad makes the perfect low calorie lunch to fill you up. Full of fiber and protein, and just 4 Points, you’ll get a lot of bang for your buck.
- 16 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, matchstick-cut
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss well to coat.
- NOTE: When cooking chicken you can prepare it how you like it. I sautéed mine with a bit of non-fat cooking spray, and some extra lime juice and soy sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 195 calories; 3.5g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 4g fiber