Shake things up with this healthy and unique crock pot chicken recipe for made with coconut milk and savory spices. Each serving is just 6 Points + and goes great over brown rice, quinoa or pasta. I love that this Weight Watchers chicken recipe offers so many nutrients and flavors and yet is still so easy. Perfect for a busy weeknight. I also made some roasted red peppers and zucchini with the Indonesian chicken, and it was a perfect complement. For some extra Points +, you could also add some potatoes in the crock pot. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Indonesian Chicken
This unique chicken recipe is so easy and delicious, and makes a great weeknight dinner recipe idea. The coconut milk is a tasty, and healthy base for this dish and still keeping it diet friendy.
- 8 medium sized chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can light coconut milk
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander
- Juice from 2 limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp salt, pepper, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, garlic and lime zest. Rub over chicken thoroughly and use it all. If you have any of this spice mixture left, add it into the crock pot with the coconut milk in the later step.
- Place chicken in a crock pot, and cover with onions.
- Pour in coconut milk, lime juice, remaining salt.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 drumsticks
Each serving = 6 Points +, plus 1/6th of the sauce
PER SERVING: 223 calories; 10g fat; 8g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 1g fiber