Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower – 2 Points +
I have always adored cauliflower, and have used it in a lot of great recipes. But some people fine cauliflower a little bland. This Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower Recipe definitely kicks up the spice and flavor without adding much additional Weight Watchers Points. To get the Points + for this recipe, I tallied up all the nutritional stats of the ingredients. Some people might argue with that and only count the yogurt, since vegetables are 0 Points +. Doing it that way would make it just 1 Points + per serving. Doing it my way makes it 2 Points +. The choice is yours, but definitely give this easy cauliflower recipe a try! It’s so good and makes a delicious and healthy side dish! I made this dish with a mint chutney (which appears in my photo), but didn’t include that in the recipe because I thought it was gross. And I don’t like to post anything that I think doesn’t taste good. So there you have it. Now get in the kitchen and make this tasty Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower Recipe, ASAP!
Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
An amazing way to spice up the average cauliflower recipe! Smothered in a spicy Indian yogurt sauce, the mild flavor of the roasted cauliflower works perfectly with the heat of the spices and the cool of the yogurt.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the yogurt and all the spices.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl, and pour yogurt mixture over them all, making sure to evenly coat and smother all the cauliflower.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in refrigerator overnight, or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Indian
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 82 calories; 0g fat; 12g carbohydrates; 10g protein; 5g fiber