Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe – 6 Points +
In yet another effort to get my kids to eat more vegetables and to try new foods, I whipped up this Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pasta Recipe last week and was overjoyed at how delicious it was! At just 6 Points + per serving, you get a mouthful of wonderful flavors that combine so perfectly. The goat cheese, basil, and garlic combination is absolutely delicious, while the broccoli and tomatoes give this healthy shrimp pasta recipe an added punch of vegetables and a nice flavor balance. The shrimp give it some extra protein, which really helps to keep you full. Also, I didn’t want the broccoli taste to be too overwhelming, so I chopped it VERY fine. It was perfect! Did my kids eat it? Meh….they picked at it. But my husband and I devoured it. This is one Weight Watchers Pasta Recipe that I will definitely be adding into my regular meal rotation. Enjoy!
Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pasta
This Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pasta has it all…fiber, protein, vegetables. And it’s covered in a delicious and creamy goat cheese. This Weight Watchers pasta recipe will be devoured in minutes!
- 8oz high fiber, whole wheat pasta
- 8oz medium sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup broccoli florets, very finely chopped
- 6oz goat cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When pasta is ready, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Season shrimp with a bit of salt and pepper, then add into pan and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Place shrimp in bowl with pasta.
- Re-spray the skillet with the non-fat cooking spray, and add in tomatoes and garlic, and cook until tomatoes are slightly tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the goat cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine until you have a creamy consistency. Add more of the reserved water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour tomato, broccoli and goat cheese mixture over pasta and shrimp. Add in fresh basil leaves. Toss to combine, and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 heaping cup
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 267 calories; 7g fat; 30g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 4g fiber