Still plenty of summertime left to fire up that grill and start cooking! On of my favorite Weight Watchers Grilling Recipes is this Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt Dip. Having been to the Middle East a few times, kebabs are one of the most delicious foods I’ve had there. So I wanted to create my own lighter version, and the results are pretty fantastic. The ground turkey meat is incredibly flavorful, and the cucumber yogurt dip is the perfect complement. It’s hard to believe that each serving is just 6 Points +! Truly a delicious and satisfying meal that will keep you on track with your Weight Watchers goals. So instead of burgers, hot dogs and grilled chicken, give these Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Kebabs a try instead. Enjoy!
Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt Dip
A fantastic Mediterranean flavor transforms lean ground turkey into these incredible, low calorie turkey kebabs. Completed with a fresh and tangy cucumber yogurt dipping sauce, this is one Weight Watchers Grilling Recipe that is a wonderful alternative to traditional grilling fare.
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olive juice
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Cucumber Sauce:
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 cup cucumber, very finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making the yogurt dip. Combine all dip ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Now make the kebabs by combining all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well.
- Let the meat sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Form the meat onto 8 skewers.
- Place skewers onto grill. Don’t flip or move them until the bottom side is cooked; the meat will easily release from the grill when it’s ready. If you force it too soon, the kebab will break apart.
- When ready, gently flip over using a spatula. Cook until desired level of done-ness is reached. Remove from grill and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide yogurt dipping sauce into 4 small bowls and serve with kebabs.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Greek
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 kebabs with about 1/3 cup yogurt dip
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 239 calories; 5g fat; 10g carbohydrates; 39g protein; 0g fiber