If you are in the mood for a bit of a Points splurge for a an absolutely delicious and decadent breakfast recipe, then this Baked Egg Bread Boat Recipe is just the ticket.
I came across this recipe at Spoon Fork Bacon, and decided to play around with it a bit to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. Just a few small changes, and my Baked Egg Bread Boat turned out SO good! For 9 Points you get an entire sourdough demi baguette filled with baked in egg whites, cheese and veggies.
It can be a little tricky getting the right cut into the bread…I plan on attempting this recipe a few more times to see if I can do it better and get a better picture. But overall, it’s really an easy breakfast or brunch recipe to make and the flavors and textures are incredible. I can’t wait to make this again!
This is a wonderful Weight Watchers breakfast idea for those days when you need your carb fix. Enjoy!
Baked Egg Bread Boat Recipe
A delicious and divine breakfast recipe, each of these egg bread boats are worth every point. Baguettes filled with cheese, ham, veggies and eggs…what a way to eat!
- 4 demi sourdough baguettes
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp fat free half and half
- 2 oz lean ham, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat swiss cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a deep “V” shape into the baguettes and pull out most of the bread inside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites and half and half. Add in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Place each bread “boat” onto a baking sheet, and evenly divide the egg mixture into each one, slowly pouring it into the hollowed out “V”.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until bread becomes golden brown, and egg mixture is cooked through and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 boat
Each serving = 9 Points
PER SERVING: 356 calories; 1g fat; 66g carbohydrates; 20g protein; 1g fiber