When I think of beef and broccoli, I always think of traditional Chinese stir fry. But this tasty dish is made in a slow cooker or crock pot, and offers a whole new way to enjoy it! I really just adore crock pot recipes because they are so incredibly easy and so tasty, and this beef and broccoli recipe is no exception. The slow cooker really makes your meat so tender and juicy. And with just 8 Points +, it’s definitely a dish worth trying out. This is one dish that is a staple on my list of Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes.
Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
A delicious slow cooker recipe with Asian flair, this Beef and Broccoli dish is a fantastic meal idea at just 8 Points + per serving.
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak — trimmed of fat, cut into cubes
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups fat free beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Red Roasted Chili Paste (like the kind from Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine oil, beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, pepper, and ginger; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well.
- Add broccoli into beef mixture, then stir in the cornstarch.
- Cover; cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hours
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is ½ cup of rice and 1 1/3 cups beef and broccoli mixture
Each serving = 8 Points + (3 Points + for the rice and 5 Points + for the Beef and Broccoli mixture)
PER SERVING: 308 calories; 6g fat; 34g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 5g fiber