I have to say, this Baked Ranch Chicken is one of the best Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes I’ve ever had. It’s so simple, and yet so delicious. The flavors are perfect, and the crunchy cornflakes breading works wonderfully. My family really enjoyed this dish, and it has definitely become a staple in our house. Sometimes, to make the chicken even juicier, I’ll soak it overnight in reduced fat buttermilk. This tenderizes the meat and also adds a bit of tang that brings out the flavors of the ranch seasoning. This is a great low calorie chicken recipe that can prepared very quickly with very few ingredients, and is a great dish to prepare when you are having one of those “What the heck should I make for dinner” moments. It’s one of my go to chicken recipes that satisfies everyone, including me, all for just 5 Points + per serving.
Baked Ranch Chicken
A real treat for the fried chicken lover, this healthier Baked Ranch Chicken is amazing! Juicy and tender with a delicious ranch seasoned crust, each serving is just 5 Points +.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse and chicken breasts and pat dry. Evenly coat both sides of each breast with sour cream.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add the cornflakes and Ranch Mix, and crush cornflakes well.
- One by one, put each sour cream coated chicken in the seasoned cornflake crumbs and gently shake until chicken breast is coated.
- Place coated chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray. Lightly mist with an olive oil mister, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 3g fat; 10g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 0g fiber