Dijon Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe – 7 Points +
Another busy day, leads to another easy, delicious and low calorie crock pot recipe. This Dijon Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe is simple, yet very filling, and tasty. The mild chicken and potatoes complement the tangy Dijon mustard oh so perfectly. Each nicely sized serving is just 7 Points + each, and it goes great paired with a fresh green salad. If you cook this on high, you may need to add some additional broth to keep it moist. You could also add in some other fresh vegetables to bulk it up even more – I’d suggest peas or asparagus. This slow cooker recipe has such minimal prep, so it’s great for a day when you just don’t have the time or energy to cook. But the end result looks and tastes like you’ve been in the kitchen all day. This is definitely a perfect Weight Watchers Crock Pot recipe to add to your repertoire.
Slow Cooker Chicken Dijon
A delicious and original chicken crock pot recipe, this Dijon chicken is healthy, filling and low calorie. Great idea for an easy Weight Watchers dinner recipe!
- 16oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4, 4oz breasts)
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lb red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot and season with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp oregano.
- Layer potatoes and onion slices over chicken breasts.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together broth, Dijon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining oregano.
- Pour over chicken, potatoes and onions, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped chives over each serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/4th of whole crock pot
Each serving = 7 Points +
PER SERVING: 220 calories; 4g fat; 39g carbohydrates; 28g protein; 5g fiber