I first came across this amazing Cranberry Salsa Recipe at Crafty’s Cafe. Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical at first. But since I adore salsa, I was eager to give it a try. Plus, I thought it would make a really unique Thanksgiving appetizer recipe or Christmas appetizer recipe that would still be Weight Watchers friendly. It sure smelled good while I was making it, and when it was finally ready, I grabbed my favorite baked tortilla chips and dug in. OMG. It was SO good! I seriously could not stop eating it!! It was fresh and flavorful, and also a bit sweet and tart. My version uses lime juice instead of lemon, a bit less sugar and more fresh jalapenos. The flavor combinations worked out perfectly, and the cranberry salsa was a hit. While this makes a perfect festive holiday appetizer or snack, I’ll be making it as often as I can find fresh cranberries at the store. This was truly a fantastic dish and a must try.
This easy and delicious holiday salsa recipe will knock your socks off! Tart, tangy, fresh and delicious, each ½ cup serving is just 2 Points + and makes the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer.
- 1 12-16 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 3 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Juice from 1 lime
- In a food processor, chop the cranberries.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped cranberries and all other remaining ingredients.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3 hours.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size 1/2 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 78 calories; 0g fat; 18g carbohydrates; 0g protein; 3g fiber